Below you will find the pre-surgical instructions as well as hospital addresses. If you have any questions regarding your surgery please contact our surgery scheduler, Ellen, at Phone: 614-779-1285 and/or Fax: 614-845-5616.
- Do not eat solid foot after 8:00pm the day before your surgery. Between 8:00pm and midnight you may have clear liquids. This includes: tea, broth, jello, 7-up, apple juice, Popsicles, white grape juice and water. DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT.
- Do not smoke 1 week prior to surgery.
- Do not take aspirin seven days prior to surgery.
- Do not drink alcohol the day before surgery.
- Take a shower or bath the night before or the morning of surgery.
- Do not wear jewelry, makeup, nail polish or hair pins.
- Wear casual, loose-fitting clothing.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
- Please take your health insurance card with you to the surgery center the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must be available for transportation. You are not allowed to drive. A responsible adult must stay with you for 24 hours following your surgery.
- You will be given a post operative instruction sheet before you are discharged, be sure to follow these instructions.
- Be sure to have your prescriptions filled before you go home after your surgical procedure.
Ohio State Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute
2835 Fred Taylor Drive
Columbus, OH 43202